Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hey, it's my job as the older sister.

Called my mother today.

"Your sister is going for her first mammogram."

"Put her on the phone."

J: "Hi!"

Me: "Hey, so you're getting your first mammogram, huh? That's pretty cool."

J: "Yeah. God."

Me: "It's not bad at all. I know some women say it's painful, but I never thought it was painful. A little uncomfortable, maybe. I think it's depends on the person."

J: "I hear they squeeze you."

Me: "Yep, they squeeze you from side to side, and from top to bottom. You know what I always think is the hardest part?"

J: "What?"

Me: "Not laughing."

J: "Really?"

Me: "Yep. All I can think of is the George Foreman Sandwich Maker."

J: (laughing) "Oh, GOD!"

Me: "So when you go in, I want you to remember one thing."

J: "What?"

Me: "You are FORBIDDEN to think about the George Foreman Sandwich Maker!"

She was laughing too hard to answer.

She goes on Monday. You know I'm calling Monday night.

No comments: