Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh, so THAT's why.

I've been biking into work for most of the past two weeks, and it's going well. I'm building back up to my last-summer gear/speed.

To get a better handle on my fitness progress, I dragged out my scale and hopped on. When the dial stopped swinging back and forth, I kept squinting at the line. I couldn't figure out what it was, and then realized that I was confused because I'd never been on *that* line before.

Like oil, I'm at an all-time high. Huh.

The good news is that the changes in my body I've attributed to aging (which is inevitable) are actually the result of gaining weight (which is not).

The better news is that I was once a teenager with an eating disorder who hated her body (even though I was actually pretty cute), and now am a woman approaching middle age, and I'm so very happy in my own skin. Love me; love my big, round ass.

I do.

No comments: