Friday, March 23, 2012

Clarification on the Decompensation

Addendum to last post: I should say that a simple broken heart alone doesn't always make me go off the deep end. The first time I was on meds it was after a  solid year of a very emotionally abusive relationship. This time, it was after a year of unemployment, then a year of a job that was stressing me out, plus being president of a condo board, which makes running an insane asylum look like being the activities director on a cruise ship; then it was having to put my cat of 19 years to sleep a week after his cancer diagnosis, then having to put one of my rabbits to sleep a month later, and yeah, THEN having fallen in love for the first time on years and thinking it was oh-my-God going to go somewhere, and then in a week having it fall apart was well, just more than I could handle, apparently. My cognitive side said, "deep breaths JC; this, too shall pass, it will all be OK"; my emotional side said, "I'm just going to randomly weep in public. See?"

1 comment:

karen said...

er, um, er ... is it BAD to weep with random abandon in public? Because I'm pretty sure I perfected the art ...