Saturday, September 5, 2009

Funny how "Freud" is very close to the German for "happy."

The other night I was talking to a friend, who mentioned her friend Jane. I mentioned the Bare Naked Ladies song of that name, which I love, and, with it stuck in my head, put on the CD, which I hadn't listened to in a long time. A long, long-ago boyfriend had introduced me to the band. My relationship with him had been drama-laden, had started with me euphoric with love, and left me feeling pretty shitty by the time I walked away.

Perhaps the music is why I dreamt of this BF, whom I rarely think of and never dream of. In the dream, we were having dinner. I don't recall the details, only that as he kept talking, it was clear he was trying to be mean, and I just got more and more angry, to the point where I became so enraged that I woke up.

I know this has something to do with a recent visit back home, and dynamics with my family. Do we ever get used to being ignored when all we want to do is connect?

Cripes, my subconscious is tiresome and trite.

No comments: