Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"In my mind, something something..."

Today I returned to work after a sick day. I sat there, plowing through the inevitable backlog of emails, frustrated at a department decision to implement yet another major change, which means I can expect yet another interminable period of constant confusion at which I will be at the center, glad I'd updated my resume.

While I was in a funk, I checked my voice mail, jotting down each message on a pad. Suddenly there was SP's voice, singing "Video Killed the Radio Star."

Sometimes, you need that. You need a little SP singing off-key, forgetting the words, on your voice mail. Just because.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song! Maybe I could give SP my number too and he could sing that on my voicemail. There are definitely days I could use something like that.

:)

it sucks when you don't like your job. I'm sorry. I am in the same rowboat.

k

JC said...

Hey, KB!

I asked my cop neighbor if he liked his job. He thought about it and said, "No. But does anybody, really?"

I think what I like lest about my job is how much of my life I can't live, the things I can't do, because it takes up all of my time. So I'm thinking about looking for a part-time job. Who knows; it could work.

email me your number, and I'll have SP call while you're at work (he's shy). Or he can send you am email about a theory that Jesus had tuberculosis. SP keeps my days interesting.

Anonymous said...

Who's KB?

JC said...

The lovely KB of Somerville, MA. She lived in the fatherland, actually, and can probably spracht mit dir!