Saturday, May 12, 2007

Even our Exes converge...

So now that Sven's visiting, our exes are meeting in my dreams. Last night I dreamt that his ex (M) and I were having a conversation in a public restroom (dream logic -- don't question). As he walked out, M remarked that the girlfriend of MY ex (J) seemed like a nice girl ("she likes the Art Institue and the Aquarium a lot"). He left and I entered a stall, thinking about this. Suddenly I ran out of the restroom, furious, and caught up with M.

"YOU MEAN HE'S ACTUALLY MAKING TIME TO DO THESE THINGS WITH HER?!?!?!?"

I was so incredibly enraged that I actually woke myself up, and my head hurt.

I'm not sure where this is all coming from - the sudden fixation of my brain on this stuff. It's been a frustratingly recurring sore spot in my relationships -- being put on the back burner while I watch my partner spread himself thin for everyone but me. Wanting not all of their time, but enough that I can actually tell I'm IN a relationship.

I wonder why this is surfacing now? It's a pain in the ass.

Anyway. I'll write more soon - lots happening here!

No comments: